This intensive one-day training course will provide attendees with all of the tools, concepts and approaches they need in ordert to manage and lead in a crisis.
Face-to-face or virtual group course.
Having attended this course, participants will:
1. Understand the nature of a crisis, possible warning signs and the different types of crisis that exist.
2. Know the stages of crisis management.
3. Be able to plan for and act to prevent a crisis happening.
4. Know how to communicate in a crisis and work toward business continuity and recovery.
5. Have developed the essential competences for leading in a crisis with a focus on decision making.
Who Should Attend:
The course is aimed at anyone who needs to develop their competences in preparing for and managing in crisis conditions.
Key Features of the Course:
- The key features of a crisis
- Types of crisis and warning signs
- The steps of crisis management
- Leadership in a crisis
- Making decisions in a crisis
- Assessing vulnerability and crisis prevention
- Creating a crisis plan
- Crisis training and crisis drilling
- Business continuity
- Crisis communication
- Recovering from a crisis
- Assessing crisis management case studies
- Roleplays and simulations
Bernstein, Jonathan (2011) Manager's Guide to Crisis Management. New York etc.: McGraw-Hill.
Saleh, Yunus D. (2016) Crisis Management. Minneapolis: Mill City Press.
Outline / Technical Proposal:
(c) Ben Dobbs, Dublin, 2021.